NATE® (North American Technician Excellence) was founded in 1997 and is the nation’s largest non-profit organization for HVACR and refrigeration technicians. We respect that NATE® exams are continuously updated to represent the real world of HVACR as it changes rapidly.
These exams are developed by a group of industry experts nationwide and the subjects of these exams are pertinent to contractors, educators and local utility companies for HVAC businesses to provide utility rebates for their customers.
NexTech Academy® has worked hard to become a NATE® recognized training provider because we believe this is the best foundation to support our members in training and development. Now, that NexTech Academy® has partnered with NATE®, we have even more for you to offer to your technicians, your customers and ultimately a better bottom line.
What does this mean for your business?
- An excellent choice if you are encouraging or currently requiring NATE®
- Customers look for NATE® certification because it ensures that a knowledgeable, well-trained, and highly experienced technician will service their home heating or cooling system.
- Less time away from the job to get your technicians recertified.
- Industry-proven technical training content accredited by NATE®.
- New apprentices you hire for your business can get the training they need to be able to take and pass the NATE® exam after graduating from NexTech Academy®.
- Manufacturers and distributors know that NATE® certification and NexTech Academy® encourages proper installation and service, which means fewer warranty returns and a better bottom line.
What does this mean for your technicians?
- Convenient online vocational training for CEU’s –All online and at their convenience.
- Technical training that is up-to-date with the current industry trends.
- NexTech Academy®, HVAC online training provides the learning you need to be prepared for Nate’s Certification Exam.
- Be able to get a break from a typical classroom environment with interactives, how-to videos, interactive games, along with skills assessments that they can do on live equipment in the field.
- Even after they graduate from NexTech Academy®, they will get on-going training throughout their career.
Which certifications can my technicians get CEU’s for?
NexTech Academy® offers training for the following Nate’s certifications:
|Air Conditioning Installation
|Air Conditioning Service
|Gas Heating (Air) Installation
|Gas Heating (Air) Service
|Air Distribution Service
|Air Distribution Installation
|Air to Air Heat Pump Installation*
|Air to Air Heat Pump Service*
|Efficiency Analyst Senior Technician
|HVAC Performance verifier
|Hydronics Gas Installation*
|Hydronics Gas Service*
|Hydronics Oil Installation*
|Hydronics Oil Service*
|Oil Heating (Air) Installation
|Oil Heating (Air) Service
|Ready to Work Certificate
|HVAC Support Technician
If you have any specific questions about the HVAC program or any questions on NATE® recertification, feel free to contact our HVAC Technical Coach at 651-426-2000.