Train to be an electrician with NexTech Academy.
Choosing to become an electrician is a highly rewarding career decision. The pay and benefits are attractive while the day-to-day work is interesting, challenging and unique. The electrical training program from NexTech Academy is designed to prepare students to confidently enter the residential electric service field. When you graduate, you’ll be working directly with homeowners addressing repairs, regular service visits, retrofits and remodels.
What sets the NexTech Electrical program apart?
- Students need no prior experience in the electrical trade, however, some mechanical understanding is helpful.
- Online courses provide the flexibility to learn at your own pace.
- Each topic is broken down into modules that combine reading, interactive exercises, quizzes, videos and skills practice demonstrations in the curriculum.
- Our focused sales and service training program teaches soft skills that build your confidence and ensure you can deliver the best customer experience possible.
- You’ll get valuable, real-world, hands-on experience while shadowing industry pros as they work with customers in the field.
- Complete your training in about 18-24 months, compared to four to five years under most apprenticeship models.
What will you learn?
We will arm you with the necessary understanding of tools, safety and materials needed to complete electrical assignments. You will also acquire critical thinking skills, business acumen and learn how to effectively communicate with homeowners and colleagues.
The NexTech electrical curriculum offers different ways to engage with lesson content.
For Business Owners
Enrollment is open to members of Nexstar Network. Learn about membership benefits and how to join today.
We'll email you when direct enrollment for students is open. Sign up for program updates.