Train to be an HVAC technician with NexTech Academy.
To become a heating, ventilation and air conditioning technician, you should have a strong knowledge of wiring, piping, troubleshooting and controls. You must also be comfortable using power tools. Students enrolled in the HVAC program at NexTech Academy will acquire a working knowledge of tools, technical drawings, equipment, blueprints and materials. The course also includes furnace and A/C system maintenance, troubleshooting and installation.
Nate Certification: What does this mean for your business?
- An excellence choice if you are encouraging or currently requiring NATE®.
- Customers look for NATE® certification because it ensures that a knowledgeable, well-trained, and highly experienced technician will service their home heating or cooling system.
- Less time away from the job to get your technicians recertified.
- Industry-proven technical training content accredited by NATE®.
- New apprentices you hire for your business can get the training they need to be able to take and pass the NATE® exam after graduating from NexTech Academy®.
- Manufacturers and distributors know that NATE® certification and NexTech Academy® encourages proper installation and service, which means fewer warranty returns and a better bottom line.
What sets the NexTech HVAC program apart?
- Students need no prior experience in the HVAC trade.
- Online courses provide the flexibility to learn at your own pace.
- Each topic is broken down into modules that combine reading, interactive exercises, quizzes, videos and skills practice demonstrations in the curriculum.
- Our focused sales and service training program teaches soft skills that build confidence.
- You’ll get valuable, real-world, hands-on experience while shadowing industry pros as they work with customers in the field.
- Complete your training in about 18-24 months, compared to four to five years under most apprenticeship models.
What will you learn?
You will be knowledgeable in the tools, safety and materials needed to complete trade-specific tasks. You will also develop critical thinking skills, business acumen and learn to communicate effectively to homeowners and your colleagues.
The NexTech curriculum offers different ways to engage with lesson content.
Videos break down complex tasks into actionable steps. You can see how a task should be completed before trying it on your own.
Want to give NexTech a try? To explore our demo and view sample course material, simply submit your email address to receive login information and instructions for access.
I think the program is unique and informative. The NexTech program goes beyond just the technical aspect of the trade and helps you develop your skills in the service industry by giving you tips on health as well as interaction with the customer. The learning process is smooth. Each module gives you a rundown of what you will be covering in the text and what you should be practicing/training in the field for that week’s module. At the end of each module, you are given a quiz to analyze whether you understood the information for that week, or if you need to go back over it again. I would highly recommend this training to anyone considering using it.
Trainee, Essig Plumbing & Heating
For Business Owners
Enrollment is open to members of Nexstar Network. Learn about membership benefits and how to join today.
We'll email you when direct enrollment for students is open. Sign up for program updates.